December 30, 2015 – Performing New Year’s Eve at The Rhythm Room with Adrianna Marie & Her Groovecutters
December 23, 2015 – Happy Holidays From The Bob Corritore Blues Newsletter!
November 18, 2015 – Dave Riley / Bob Corritore Juke Joint Blues Band In Tucson This Friday
November 13, 2015 – Alabama Mike with The Rhythm Room All-Stars Tonight at The Rhythm Room
November 5, 2015 – Bob Corritore Live Performances This Weekend with Andy T. / Nick Nixon Band & Dave Riley / Bob Corritore Juke Joint Blues Band
October 13, 2015 – Chicago Blues Extravaganza This Friday at The Rhythm Room
October 7, 2015 – King Biscuit Blues Festival!
September 29, 2015 – Bob Corritore’s Birthday Bash This Saturday at The Rhythm Room
September 16, 2015 – R.I.P. Smokey Wilson
A great Bluesman, a great man.
September 15, 2015 – Upcoming Tour Feat. Andy T / Nick Nixon & Special Guest Bob Corritore
09/18/15: Marietta, GA – Darwin’s Burgers and Blues
09/19/15: Tallahassee, FL – Brandfordville Blues Club
09/22/15: Nashville, TN – Nashville Library Music Series
09/25/15: Champaign, IL – Blues Blast Music Awards
10/10/15: Helena, AR – King Biscuit Blues Festival
September 4, 2015 – Extreme Blues Party Next Week in Las Vegas – The Big Blues Bender
August 27, 2015 – The Rhythm Room All-Stars Perform at The Rhythm Room this Friday, August 28
August 25, 2015 – 2015 Blues Blast Music Awards
September 25th, 2015 Fluid Events Center, Champaign, ILThe awards ceremonies will feature 23 of the best in today’s Blues music. The artist’s listed below will all be performing at the awards ceremonies starting at 6:00PM. Tickets to this gala event are only $40. To get your tickets now, CLICK HEREVisit our website at www.theBBMAs.com for complete informationTo hear music by these great artists visit our SoundCloud listening page at
ANTHONY GOMESAnthony Gomes, #1 Billboard Blues Artist, is a triple threat force as a guitarist, vocalist and songwriter. Gomes has headlined concerts in 17 countries and has had the honor of sharing the stage with B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Robert Plant, Joe Bonamassa, Heart, Jonny Lang and Kenny Wayne Shepherd.Gomes shows no signs of slowing down. Early 2015 will see the release of Electric Field Holler, a guitar driven blues infused rock ‘n’ roll album that showcases Gomes‘ blistering six string work and whiskey soaked voice. I feel like this will be our pinnacle year in terms of creativity and artistic achievement,” says Gomes. “It’s time to turn it up.”
ALEXIS P. SUTERIn 2005, Alexis recorded her first full length CD entitled “Shuga Fix” featuring original tunes and a more soulful sound. To her credit she has recorded a total of 6 CDs thus far. In addition to “Shuga Fix” are “Just Another Fool”, “Alexis P Suter Band LIVE at the Midnight Ramble” (Alexis went on to open for the late Levon Helm at the Midnight Ramble in Woodstock, NY over 90 times), “Two Sides”, “Live at the Turning Point” and her current Blues/Rock CD Love the Way You Roll. The latter is presently doing very well on all of the Blues Charts.
GHOST TOWN BLUES BAND
Second-place finishers at both the 2014 and 2015 International Blues Challenge, the Ghost Town Blues Band have graduated into a signature local blues act, on Beale Street and beyond, and a notable name on the genre’s wider landscape. Hard Road to Hoe, released earlier this year, only adds to those credentials. This is a modern Beale band informed by both the rural accents of the Mississippi Hill Country and the second-line strut of New Orleans, with prominent horn and organ/piano presences.
DAVE SPECTERBlues guitarist, bandleader and producer Dave Specter has earned an international reputation as one of the premier talents on the Chicago blues scene. Since 1985 Specter has performed regularly at top Chicago blues and jazz clubs in addition to festivals and concert halls throughout the USA.Dave’s latest album, Message in Blue features special guests Otis Clay, Brother John Kattke and Bob Corritore. It’s currently topping the Roots Music Report’s blues charts and has received rave, 4 star reviews from Downbeat Magazine and All Music Guide.
BOB CORRITOREBob Corritore is one of the most active and highly regarded blues harmonica players on the scene today. His style passionately carries forward the old school of playing that Corritore learned as a young man directly from many of original pioneers of Chicago Blues. His sympathetic, yet fiery harmonica playing is featured on over 50 releases to date, on labels such as HighTone, HMG, Blue Witch, Blind Pig, Earwig, Ruf, Putumayo, Random Chance, and the VizzTone Label Group and the great Delta Groove label, which he is currently signed to. Many of Bob’s acclaimed releases have been nominated or winners for various Handy, Grammy, and Blues Music Awards and Blues Blast Music Awards. Bob is also widely recognized for his many roles in the blues, as band leader, club owner, record producer, radio show host, arts foundation founder, and occasional writer. His amazing website and his weekly e-newsletter reflect a life thoroughly invested in the blues.
John Ginty is an American organist, keyboard player, songwriter, and producer from Morristown, NJ. He has toured and recorded with artists such as Jewel, Citizen Cope, Santana, Dixie Chicks, Matthew Sweet, Court Yard Hounds, Bad Religion, Ron Sexsmith, Charlie Mars, and he was an original founding member of Robert Randolph and the Family Band. His discography spans almost two decades and demonstrates his eclectic influences and unique sounds on the keys.
His live 2014 CD Bad News Travels LIVE! captures the spirit of a live Ginty performance, in all of its unapologetic, mind-numbing intensity. His recently released studio recordingNo Filter is at the top of many Blues charts. and Ginty and his band have been touring throughout the summer of 2015.
ANDY T – NICK NIXON BANDNick Nixon is one of those amazing artists that rarely surface today. This velvet voiced singer was born and raised in Nashville, TN, and was part of the thriving Jefferson Street blues scene of the 60′s. Nick was a Chess Records recording artist in the 70′s, and is a key figure in the reviving Nashville blues scene today. As a long-time member of The New Imperials, an act with a forty-five year history, Nick has performed with many of the top blues and R&B artists.“Andy T” Talamantez was born and raised in Southern California, and relocated to Nashville in 2008. His guitar style is influenced by T-Bone Walker, BB King, Magic Sam, and Albert Collins among others, yet it remains his own. Andy has toured internationally with blues greats Guitar Shorty and Smokey Wilson.Their 2014 Delta Groove release Livin’ it Up received numerous nominations including a nomination for a Blues Music Award and garnered considerable airplay. Their followup release on Blind Pig Records, Numbers Man is scheduled for release on August 28th.
TAD ROBINSONTad Robinson would have fit in snugly with the blue-eyed soul singers of the 1960s. His vocals virtually reeking of soul, he’s capable of delving into a straight-ahead Little Walter shuffle or delivering a vintage O.V. Wright R&B ballad. Add his songwriting skills and exceptional harp technique and you have quite the total package.Tad’s new album, Day Into Night on Severn Records debuted among the Top Ten releases in the Living Blues International Radio Chart for the month of April!And, Day Into Night has been nominated for a 2015 Blues Blast Music Award for Soul Blues Album of the Year!Tad has been nominated for seven Blues Music Awards since 2005.
Slam Allen has been entertaining with his unique blend of soul and blues for over twenty years. Playing the famous Chitlin’ Circuit as well as performing around the world, Allen’s music and enthusiasm has been shared with thousands of people. For the past five years he has played an important role in the legendary James Cotton Band.
Music is in Allen’s blood — he got his start from his father and uncles who were known as the Allen Brothers Band. Allen carries on the family legacy wherever he goes. His music runs deep. “When I play,” says Allen, “People who may have never heard of me leave the show with a feeling like that we’re old friends or family.” From B.B. King to Otis Redding. Slam has a way of making you feel the Soul of the Music. Sometime you cannot tell if he is doing one of his originals or a old blues or soul cover cause he makes all the music his own.
Bobby Messano is a legendary artist who has released five contemporary Blues CDs, placed songs in major TV and Cable shows and had songs held by Eric Clapton and others. He has played guitar on over 50 Major label and Indie albums and his playing has been heard on everything from the MTV jingle to the Benny Mardones’ smash hit “Into The Night”
Bobby’s touring and recording band is second to none and is considered one of the hottest on the Contemporary Blues scene.
CHRIS OLEARY BANDChris’s musical background includes duties as lead singer and front man for rock and roll hall of famer and Grammy award winner Levon Helm’s band The Barnburners. During the 6 years that Chris and Levon played together they toured across the US and Canada lighting up stages everywhere they went.Chris has appeared on stage with: Legendary Rolling Stones sideman Bobby Keys, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Jimmy Vivino, Jeff Healy, Dan Akroyd, Albert Lee, Dave Edmunds, Dave Maxwell and the great James Cotton to name just a few. Chris has also recorded with Bill Perry and Hubert Sumlin among others.
MAGNUS BERGSensational 18-year old Norwegian guitarist/songwriter Magnus Berg has been leading his own band since age 16. Having toured all over Norway from top to bottom, from the West to the East, he began to perform on the same coveted Norwegian festival lineups as established international touring artists coming through his homeland.He received his first guitar (built by his grandfather) at the age of seven. Early on, Berg discovered classic rock and the first guitarist he tried to emulate was Angus Young (AC/DC). He took his admiration of Young and other classic rock guitarists even further, setting out to discover the roots of the music he was listening to. This is where he found the Blues and artists such as B.B King, Howlin Wolf, Muddy Waters, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Otis Rush and Jimmy Reed. These musicians have become the inspiration behind his melodic and gutsy guitar style. Magnus ic coming all the way from Norway to perform at the 2015 Blues Blast Music Awards.
Los Angeles based Deb Ryder is best known for her powerhouse vocals, incredible range, and classic blues style. Just back on the local scene in the last few years, she is receiving acclaim from music critics as an up and coming blues artist, song writer, and recording artist. Deb’s passion for singing is matched by her powerful bluesy voice. Her writing and musical style ranges from the classic and familiar, to the more modern styling’s of today’s blues artists. This collection of original tunes were written from real life experiences, with just a touch of whimsy.Born in Peoria Illinois, the family moved to Chicago where Deb was surrounded by the blues of Chicago’s streets and clubs. At a very young age, she was exposed to Jazz, Blues and Gospel by her father, Allan Swanson, a local singer, and Chicago music sensation. When the family relocated to Los Angeles, Deb regularly performed at her stepdad’s famous 70’s Rock and Roll club, The Topanga Corral, opening for many blues legends such as Big Joe Turner, Charlie Musselwhite, Etta James and Taj Mahal. During that same time, Deb spent time with Etta James who mentored her, and collaborated on some projects which forever and indelibly stamped her style, and sealed her love of singing, and of the blues. These collective artists, and her personal experiences with them over many years formed the influences that are recognizable in her vocal and writing style.
MISSY ANDERSENBorn in Detroit and living in San Diego by way of Queens, New York, Missy Andersen follows her self-titled debut with a timeless follow-up of blues going straight to the spirit and body. With her band leader/guitarist/husband Heine Andersen, she has again created a personal soundtrack for good times and the pain and joys of love.Her current release, In the Moment, has 11 varied tracks including 8 originals, five of which are penned by the Andersens. Recorded with heavy hitters Bill Stuve (bass), Marty Dodson (drums), Sue Palmer (piano), Ben Moore (organ), and guest appearances by Nathan James and James Harman, the CD takes the listener down a lush musical path. Beginning with the Louis Jordan-esque “Rent Party” and ending with a gospel-tinged remake of Snooks Eaglin’s “I’ve Been Walkin’,” the disc has something for everyone. From Chicago blues to New Orleans second-line beats, slow blues and soul ballads, Memphis soul to funky Meters-like rhythms. It’s all in there and it’s easy to understand where those wide-ranging influences come from.
The Duo Sonics bring a unique blend of blues and roots music to the stage. Featuring Bob Parker playing reso-phonic guitar, baritone guitar, six-string bass and mandolin, with David Berntson on Hohner diatonic and chromatic harmonicas and concertina, the Duo Sonics interpret classic blues in an exciting, high-energy show. Whether playing a slow blues, dripping with amplified harp and slide guitar, or a full-blown boogie-woogie or jump blues number, this duo can really sing and swing.Bob Parker has played blues professionally for over 35 years, most recently with the Oscillators and with Junior Markham. A native of Tulsa, his heartfelt and steady guitar technique reflects Oklahoma and Texas blues traditions and creates an incredibly full sound.David Berntson has also played blues for over 35 years, both in his home state of Illinois, and in Oklahoma. He is a master of Chicago blues, Mississippi Delta style blues and jump blues. His ability to connect with an audience, coupled with his passion for the Blues, makes for a dynamic and entertaining musical performance. In addition to playing with many Tulsa area bands, David was awarded the “Keeping the Blues Alive in Education” award from the Blues Foundation in 2006.
BIG DAVE MCLEAN (WITH STEVE DAWSON)Big Dave McLean is the heart and soul of the Winnipeg music scene, has been singing the blues better than anyone for decades now. It’s a journey that’s taken him hooting, hollering and testifying through every juke joint and dance hall across the country more times than he can remember. If there’s a blues club in Canada worth its salt, he’s played there. After all, how many other singers had their first guitar lesson from John Hammond and got to open up for Muddy Waters?Steve Dawson will be accompanying Big Dave at the awards. In the same way you can recognize that it’s Bert Jansch, Ry Cooder, or Mississippi John Hurt playing guitar after hearing just a few notes, Steve Dawson has established a voice for his instrument that is as distinct as any of theirs to become one of the most identifiable sounds in modern roots music exploring the infinite possibilities offered by his pallet of acoustic guitars – both 6 and 12-string acoustics, a National tricone guitar, and a Weissenborn Hawaiian guitar – without any effects, or even a human voice to separate him from his audience.
Heavy Water, debut CD performed by New Orleans-based Blues, R&B and Funk Band, Fo’Reel, includes an incredible performance by C.P. Love, legendary New Orleans soul singer; Johnny Neel, Grammy Award winning keyboardist, best known for his songwriting, stage, and session work for the Allman Brothers, Gov’t Mule, and Dickey Betts; Mark Domizio, Band Leader, guitarist and project creator.Heavy Water is a high-energy blend of Contemporary Blues that includes a lot of funky grooves that will make you want to move. Every song is strong and energy filled, the vocals are passionate, the guitar playing is deep and full of emotion, the keyboard and horns are a driving force to the overall distinctive style and sound. Anyone who enjoys strong-driven, energy-filled music will love this CD. It not only hits the listener with a variety of interesting styles like Swing and a Latin-Tinged Rumba, it embraces New Orleans Blues, R&B and Funk.Heavy Water also features Jon Smith, multi Grammy Award winning tenor saxophonist; Rick Lawson, singer song writer; Daryl Burgess, drums; David Hyde, bassist and co-producer; Ward Smith, baritone sax; and Barney Floyd, trumpet.
BIG HARP GEORGEBig Harp George/George Bisharat is a San Francisco Bay Area blues singer and harmonica player who features the chromatic harmonica. George is a professor of criminal procedure and practice, Islamic law, and anthropology of law at UC Hastings College of the Law, expert commentator on law and politics in the Middle East, and former San Francisco public defender. His writings have appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, and many other publications in the U.S. and abroad.George counts George “Harmonica Smith,” William Clarke, and Paul deLay as major influences on his chromatic playing. The chromatic (compared to the ten-hole diatonic more common to blues) has a distinctive voice, and lends Big Harp George’s sound a jazzy, contemporary, and sophisticated feel.
Proclaimed “a staple of the Midwest’s band scene” and “a festival favorite” by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel in 2012, Altered Five’s delectable brew of blues and soul is now quickly gaining national attention. The group’s third album, Cryin’ Mercy, was produced by Grammy-winner Tom Hambridge (Buddy Guy, Susan Tedeschi, James Cotton, etc.) and released in October, 2014. It reached #3 in the iTunes blues store and hit #1 on the Roots Music Report radio chart. Cryin’ Mercy won “Best Self-Released CD” at the 2015 International Blues Challenge.From day one, Altered Five dared to be different. The quintet formed in 2002 and quickly gained a reputation for its inventive arrangements and distinctive sound. Isthmus magazine called the band “a rising blues unit” and OnMilwaukee.com declared, “The group delivers the element of surprise.”It’s been said that “the blues is a feeling,” so when the Minneapolis Star Tribune states that the band is a “righteous blast,” you know they play it right.
EIGHT O’FIVE JIVEEight O’Five Jive has enough energy to power a small fleet of ’57 Cadillacs, with more than adequate fuel to ignite any stage on fire with their driving sound of swingin’ blues and early rock ‘n roll. Reminiscent of the classic era of the late 1940’s to the late 1950’s, when men wore fedora’s and strong women with attitude ruled the cocktail dress, jump jive defined an exciting era of music and dance.Freddy King, Mabel Scott, and Wynonnie Harris, and more, along with some original compositions, define Eight O’Five Jive as a creative ensemble of jump, and swingin blues. A few well-placed steamy jazz standards round out the sound, but also entice an intimate moment to linger over a martini, or a sloe gin fizz. Eight O’Five Jive redefines this exciting era not lost in time, but alive and jivin’ with classic and rare material that is well suited for dinner and drinks, but best suited for tapping feet and a lively dance floor.
OSCAR WILSON (Cash Box Kings)Singer and songwriter Oscar Wilson, a 6’3”is a 300 hundred pound Muddy Waters-type throwback to the heyday of the Chicago blues scene who fronts the award winning band Cash Box Kings.
On their latest opus, Holding Court, the Cash Box Kings pay homage to some of the founding fathers of the Chicago blues scene but also help keep alive the musical contributions of lesser-known blues artists like Honey Boy Allen (“I’m a Real Lover Baby”), Willie Love (“Everybody’s Fishin’”) and Big Smokey Smothers (“I Ain’t Gonna Be No Monkey Man”).
While the Kings have their feet firmly planted in these timeless musical traditions, they bring a spirited energy and updated approach to the music. While the subject matter of many of the songs is familiar (love, money and good times) they also touch on a number of current issues. “Download Blues” portrays the challenges of selling records and staying financially afloat in the era of digital piracy and streaming services. “Gotta Move Out To The Suburbs” describes the real struggle faced by many who are forced out of their neighborhoods due to gentrification taking in areas of Chicago and other urban centers in the U.S.
Markey Blue is “Blues to the Next Level” according to fans.- Reeves Guitars. An amazing group of talent brought together in the studio and on stage, creating there own unique sound of music. “its not like any blues or R&B I’ve heard out there. It opens the doors to several genera’s. Peter Fleming- Airplay Direct. There first Cd is due out this fall and is already creating a buzz through out the music industry. The Markey Band’s resume is and outstanding eclectic mix of the who’s who in both touring and recording. Markey has had the honor of performing for three past presidents, and has opened for and performed with the likes of Bobby Blue Bland, Candy Kayne, Taj Mahal, Steve Cropper,Anson Funderburg, Guitar Shorty, Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope, Frankie Valley, Andy Williams, Michael Fienstein, Robert Goulet, Maureen McGovern, Jack Jones, Micky Rooney, Phillis Diller, Sammy Kershaw, Kevin Sharp, The Osmonds, The Smothers Brothers and many more. Markey was recently awarded one of the top five song writers for Georgia’s Songwriter Showcase Award Show, and ESPN just featured one of Markey’s songs for one of their program specials. Markey has already seen success on a couple different music charts as a songwriter, arranger, and producer.
Dan Phelps is a native of Illinois, and currently resides in the northern city of Roscoe.He has been playing acoustic blues for the past 25 years, sharing the stage with local Illinois bands, as well as teaching private classes. In addition, he has spent the past 15 years dedicated to studying and playing the Delta style of blues.His CD releases have met with critical acclaim in US and British blues magazines such as Blues Revue and Blues and Rhythm magazines. Dan’s comfort onstage,and quality of the performance is undeniable; his commitment and musical talent lends itself to an easy rapport with the audience.Dan recently teamed up with the Vincent Record label, and his latest full length CD “Going Home” was released in July, 2014. In “Going Home”, Dan Phelps pays tribute to some of the originators of the blues, men such as Charley Patton, Skip James, and John Estes, among others.
August 20, 2015 – Performing This Weekend at the Edmonton Blues Festival
Bob Corritore performs this weekend at the Edmonton Blues Festival in sets with Henry Gray, Junior Watson, Fred Kaplan and guest appearance with Adrianna Marie & Her Groovecutters! Check out the poster and this festival’s unbelievable lineup!
August 14, 2015 – Dave Riley & Bob Corritore Juke Joint Blues Band Perform This Saturday, August 15 at The Rhythm Room
July 29, 2015 – Las Vegas Big Blues Bender on September 10th-13th
July 15, 2015 – Final Day To Vote For Living Blues Awards
June 26, 2015 – Voting Open For Living Blues Awards
June 23, 2015 – Bob Corritore Upcoming European Dates
Bob Corritore Euro Dates! Tomorrow Dave Riley and Bob Corritore head to Europe to perform for 2 weeks at festivals in Switzerland, France and Italy. This tour was put together by the great Tano Ro and Feeling Good Productions and will include a support band of top Italian blues players. After that 2 week period, Bob Corritore will fly to Spain to meet up with Bob Margolin, Bob Stroger, Kenny Smith and Ariyo for an all-star Chicago blues package at the Hondarribia Blues Festival.
June 16, 2015 – The Henry Gray / Bob Corritore Sessions Released Today! CD Release Party on Friday at The Rhythm Room!
June 8, 2015 – Bob Corritore Appears In Chicago This Week!
June 6, 2015 – Big Jon’s Summer Blues Bash TONIGHT in San Diego!
May 28, 2015 – Bob Corritore Interview Featured In This Week’s Blues Blast Magazine
Read the interview at BluesBlastMagazine.com!
May 27, 2015 – Monsteras Blues & Roots Festival This Weekend, Black And Blues Podcast, and more
- Off to the Monsteras Blues & Roots Festival in Sweden! This Friday and Saturday, the Monteras Blues & Roots Festival in Sweden will include the entourage of Henry Gray, Sugaray Rayford, Junior Watson, Fred Kaplan, Kedar Roy, Rena Beavers, and Bob Corritore in three separate shows each with a different feature. Also appearing at the fest are Johnny Rawls, Roffe Wikstrom, Chris Ruest & Travis Green Band,Jump4joy, TNT Bluesband, Viginia & Skybenders, Bo Wilson Band, Ulf Sandstrom, Among Lynx, Top Dogs, The Hightones, Oskarshamns Folkhogskola, Hvita Bandet, On Cue Bluesband, The Oldsfire Band, Jan Stjarnhjelm Trio, The Aces, Hurley & The Blue Dots, Southern Band,Agegap Band, Thorner Band, Gotasalongen, Royal Blues Band, The Valley Cats, Anna Carlsson, Incident, Wednesday, Ghiab,Emilio/Glazzrain, and High Five. To see the beautiful event poster, click here!
- Thanks for the Podcasts! Thanks to Drew Verbis of Blues America and to J Taggaberry, host of “Black And Blues” on Ottawa’s CKCU 93.1FM. Both hosted podcast featuring the music and story Bob Corritore. To hear the Blues America podcast, click here. To hear the Black And Blues podcast, click here. Blues America will have future podcasts featuring Dave Riley on May 30, and Willie Buck on June 6.
- Big Jon’s Summer Blues Extravaganza on June 6 in San Diego! Big Jon Atkinson is at it again with a spectacular showcase on June 6at Proud Mary’s In San Diego. Included in this great lineup are Kim Wilson, Dave Riley, Alabama Mike, Kid Ramos, Johnny Main (of The 44s),Kirk Fletcher, Aki Kumar, and The Rhythm Room All-Stars with Big Jon Atkinson, Bob Corritore, Brian Fahey, Danny Michel, Troy Sandow plusGreg Roberts and Rena Beavers! To see the beautiful poster, click here!
- B.B King death probed as homicide after poison claim. Please say it isn’t so. Click here to view the article.
- Etta James on The Beat! Please enjoy this YouTube clip of the amazing Etta James singing her hit “Something’s Got A Hold On Me” on The Beat TV show! Check out Clarence “Gatemouth” Brown as the guitarist of the house band! Click here to see.
May 22, 2015 – Great Blues Shows at The Rhythm Room This Weekend!
Visit www.rhythmroom.com for information and tickets!
May 21, 2015 – Henry Gray / Bob Corritore Sessions Release, Great Blues This Weekend At The Rhythm Room and More
- The Henry Gray / Bob Corritore Sessions to be released June 16 on Delta Groove! This collection of 14 songs recorded between 1996 and 2015 represents a cross-section of some of the highlights of the collaborations between legendary piano master Henry Gray and harmonica ace Bob Corritore over a 19 year period. Henry Gray turned 90 years old on January 19th of this year, and so this CD will celebrate that great milestone! Special guests include Robert Lockwood, Jr., John Brim, Willie “Big Eyes” Smith, Nappy Brown, Tail Dragger, Dave Riley, Bob Margolin, Kid Ramos, Big Jon Atkinson, Bob Stroger, Doug James, Chris James & Patrick Rynn, and many more! To see the cover and CD art, click here.
- Great blues at the Rhythm Room this weekend! Willie Buck, Chico Chism Celebration, Adrianna Marie! The Rhythm Room in Phoenix features from some great blues this weekend:Friday, May 22 – Willie Buck with The Rhythm Room All-Stars! Veteran Chicago bluesman Willie Buck brings his Muddy Waters inspired blues to Phoenix where he will be backed by the Rhythm Room All-Stars – Bob Corritore, Big Jon Atkinson, Troy Sandow, Brian Fahey and very special guest Mojo Mark Cihlar! For more information on this event, click here!Saturday, May 23 – Chico Chism Memorial Birthday Bash! Hosted by The Rocket 88’s with many special guests including Dave Riley, Bob Corritore, The Rhythm Room All-Stars, Mike Eldred, Gypsy Wild At Harp, Country Soul Bob, George Vaught, Buzz Fowler, Lynn Avril, Walkin’ Cane Mark, Johnny Rapp, Ray Ray and Uvon, Bluesman Mike Anderson, Larry Dee, Nina Curry, Harmonica Mark, Frank Rossi, Johnny Tanner, Paris James and more! Chico Chism spent the last 20 years in Phoenix as a highly respected and celebrated blues figure who personified the musical genre. For more information on this event, click here!Sunday May 24th – Arianna Marie & Her Groovecutters! A jump blues paradise with sweet-voiced Adrianna Marie leading her swingin’, horn and guitar driven blues band for a rowdy night at the Rhythm Room! Swing dancers welcome! For more information on this event, click here!
- Blues America to feature Bob Corritore podcast this Saturday! Blues America is a new podcast hosted by Drew Verbis, who is presenting a series of interview features of various artists and subjects with a media-savvy, modern day edge approach to blues presentation. His first podcast debuted last week and featured Jerry Lawson and highlighted Jerry’s latest release Just A Mortal Man on Red Beet Records. His Bob Corritore feature debuts May 23rd, and the following week will feature Dave Riley. For more information go to www.bluesamerica.com.
- Sugaray Rayford releases Southside! In the last few years, Sugaray Rayford has emerged as one of the greatest forces in the blues with his powerful gospel-infused vocals, his 6’4′ stature, his animated stage show, and his great band-leading and fronting. He has had simultaneous success as both the lead singer of The Mannish Boys, and fronting his own powerful horn driven R&B band. His new CD, Southside, just out this week on Nimoy Sue Records, is an example of the later. This is a contemporary soul/blues masterpiece with 9 beautifully written orignal compositions. Sugaray’s band includes Gino Matteo, Ralph Carter (who also co-wrote most of the songs), Lavell Jones, Allan Walker, Gary Bivona, Leo Dombecki and Jade Bennett with additional album guest appearances by Zara Davis, Rachelle Quiogue, John Thomas, Bob Corritore (guest on one song), George Pandis and Bill Bixler. To see the cover and to order, click here. Sugaray will host a CD Release Party on June 27 at the Rhythm Room (click here for more information).
- Big Jon Atkinson / Way Down South released! This week marks the official release date of Big Jon Atkinson / Way Down South on the Bluebeat Music Label. Big Jon is an amazing young blues talent with a great love and understanding of the traditional blues. He is an exceptional vocalist with a natural blues voice and a multi-talented instrumentalist, equally adept at guitar, harmonica, drums and singing. Additionally, he is a collector of vintage equipment and has a home studio filled with the old school gear, making for a true vintage-sounding release. Big Jon is backed on this release by Kim Wilson, Bob Corritore, Fred Kaplan, Troy Sandow, Kedar Roy, Marty Dodson, Nathan James, Bill Stuve, Danny Michel, Johnny Vaiu, Bob Welch, Terry Hanck, Malachi Johnson, Kid Andersen, and Martin Windstead. But the album is all Big Jon and it exudes the blues with sensitivity and authority. To read more and to order, click here.
- B.B. King funeral arrangements. This is directly from B.B.’s daughter, Rita King: “My father will be memorialized May 22-23, 2015. The public viewing Friday, 3 -7 PM Palms Mortuary 1600 S. Jones LV 89146. The funeral service, Saturday 11 AM Palms Mortuary 1325 N Main Street LV 89101.” King’s body will be then sent to Mississippi for burial and there is talk of additional ceremony to honor the passing of the king of the blues.
- Big Blues Bender 2014 Look Back Video! As we look forward to upcoming Big Blues Bender in Las Vegas on September 10 to 13, we look back at this great video of some highlights of last year’s magical performances (including a snippet of Lil’ Ed and Bob Corritore). To see the video, click here. For more information on this year’s Big Blues Bender go to www.bigbluesbender.com!
- Muddy Waters 1981 UK Interview! Muddy Waters provides a great interview here. The YouTube description: “An interview with the legendary American blues musician Muddy Waters. Considered one of the foremost artists in blues history. Muddy was in Jersey, Channel Islands performing a concert at Fort Regent leisure centre. First broadcast on Channel Television on the 24th June 1981.” Click here to see.
- The Aces play “Off The Wall” on YouTube! The Aces were considered by many to be the consummate backing group in Chicago blues. They consisted of drummer Fred Below on drums, and brothers Louis and Dave Myers. Louis played guitar as a primary instrument, but would play part of each show on harmonica (he played both brilliantly), and Dave played both bass and guitar (depending on the time period). This video from 1970 shows Louis on harmonica playing a song that he and the Aces played behind Little Walter on the original hit record of 1953. No wonder why Louis Myers plays the song “Off The Wall” like he owns it! Below is killing it on the drums, Dave Myers is solid as a rock on the bass and an unidentified and unseen guitarist (Eddie Taylor?) is playing all the right stuff Click here to see.
May 15, 2015 – R.I.P. B.B. King
May 13, 2015 – Big Jon & The Nationals (with Bob Corritore) Appear Sunday, May 17 at the Doheny Blues Fest!
May 7, 2015 – Bob Corritore’s Upcoming Shows
05/08/15: Memphis, TN – Rum Boogie, set with John Primer at Brandon Santini’s Beale Street Messaround show 3:30pm
05/09/15: Clarksdale, MS – Hopson’s Plantation Pinetop Perkins Foundation Event
05/15/15: Phoenix, AZ – Rhythm Room, Bob Corritore will make a guest appearance with Trick Bag
05/29/15 & 05/30/15: Monsteras, Sweden – Monsteras Blues & Roots Festival with Junior Watson, Fred Kaplan, Kedar Roy, Richard Innes – performing a Taboo set, and separate sets with Henry Gray and Sugaray Rayford.
06/06/15: San Diego, CA – Proud Mary’s for Big Jon’s Summer Blues Bash, appearing with Rhythm Room All-Stars and Dave Riley. Also appearing , Kid Ramos , Kim Wilson, Johnny Main, Aki Kumar, Kirk Fletcher
06/14/15: Chicago, IL – Chicago Blues Festival – VizzTone Showcase (Bob will guest for 1 or 2 songs on this star studded set) Windy City Stage 1PM
06/14/15: Chicago, IL – Chicago Blues Festival – guest appearance with John Primer and the Wolf Records All-Stars, Windy City Stage 2:45 pm set
06/19/15: Phoenix, AZ – Rhythm Room, CD Release party for The Henry Gray / Bob Corritore Sessions CD!
06/24/15 to 07/05/15: Europe – Tour with Dave Riley for Tano Ro
07/10/15 & 07/11/15: Spain – Hondarribia Blues Festival with Bob Margolin, Bob Stroger, Bob Corritore (The Bobs Of The Blues) plus Kenny Smith
08/15/15: Phoenix, AZ – Rhythm Room with Dave Riley / Bob Corritore Juke Joint Blues Band
08/21/15 to 08/22/15: Edmonton, Canada – Edmonton Blues Festival. One appearance with Junior Watson / Fred Kaplan and one set backing Henry Gray
08/28/15: Phoenix, AZ – Rhythm Room with the Rhythm Room All-Stars
09/10/15 to 09/13/15: Las Vegas, NV – BIG BLUES BENDER doing a special duet set with Lil’ Ed and various other guest slots throughout the event.
10/16/15: Phoenix, AZ – Rhythm Room with Tail Dragger, Rockin Johnny, Illinois Slim, Big Jon Atkinson, Brian Fahey and surprise guest!
May 5, 2015 – R.I.P. Randy Chortkoff
May 4, 2015 – Bob’s Appearances This Week in Memphis & Mississippi
April 30, 2015 – Mönsterås Festival on May 29 & 30 in Sweden
Visit bluesfestival.nu for more information!
April 24, 2015 – Dave Riley / Bob Corritore Perform This Saturday at The Rhythm Room
Visit WWW.RHYTHMROOM.COM for info and tickets!
April 13, 2015 – Edmonton Blues Festival Lineup Announced
March 31, 2015 – The Henry Gray / Bob Corritore Blues Sessions
Vol. 1 Blues Won’t Let Me Take My Rest
March 26, 2015 – The Blues Bender Changes Locations
March 25, 2015 – The “New” Rhythm Room All Stars Perform at Rhythm Room This Friday
Visit www.rhythmroom.com for more info and tickets!
March 19, 2015 – Dave Riley’s Birthday Party This Friday at The Rhythm Room
Visit www.rhythmroom.com for info and tickets!
February 26, 2015 – John Primer Appearing This Friday & Saturday At The Rhythm Room
Visit www.rhythmroom.com for info and tickets!
February 20, 2015 – Dave Riley & Bob Corritore Juke Joint Blues Band in Tucson This Saturday
February 18, 2015 – Edmonton Blues Festival on August 21, 22 & 23
The 2015 Edmonton Blues Festival lineup is out now! View the full lineup and purchase tickets at:
February 12, 2015 – Sugaray Rayford Birthday Bash & Valentine’s Day Fundraiser For The Hart Fund This Weekend
Visit www.rhythmroom.com for info and tickets!
January 31, 2015 – Dave Riley & Bob Corritore Celebrate 10 Years Together Tonight at Rhythm Room!
January 27, 2015 – 2015 Big Blues Bender
January 14, 2015 – This Week: Henry Gray’s 90th Birthday Parties & AZ Blues Hall Of Fame Induction
January 6, 2015 – Amazing Harp Show in San Diego This Weekend!